Bon Bini to your home away from home and to our first time visitors welcome to our One Happy Island!
We would like your dream vacation to begin as soon as you arrive. In your villa we have placed the new in-room Vacation Experience Guide with useful information regarding the resort. If there are still questions, you are welcome to visit us at the front desk in the Aruba Ocean Club and we will be happy to assist you.
We would like to elaborate on a couple of important points below:
• We do our best to reserve the best possible room and comply with all the different room locations and view request but unfortunately we are very limited because of the high occupancy of our resorts. Villa assignments are based upon the check-out pattern of the arrival day. Special requests are not guaranteed due to the high owner occupancy at the Resort.
• There is a daily government tax charge to each room for Owners and Exchangers.
• Housekeeping will clean your room on the third day after your check-in. Additional cleaning is available for a fee. Please contact the front desk for more details. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR HOUSEKEEPING REQUEST FORM
• In addition to daily government tax, per August 1, 2013 new added government tax is in effect: Environmental Levy (‘EL) tax.
• Telephone calls are very expensive on the island. If you need to be reachable and are planning to make several long distance telephone calls, we would like to recommend renting a local cell phone. Now available from Marriott at the Bazaar (Located in the Marriott Resort) or at the Market Place (Located in the lobby of the Surf Club) for $10 per day and a required $30 pre-paid phone card. A $100 deposit fee applies. Cell phones cannot be reserved in advance due to the limited quantity. Check at the front desk for more details.
• Pool towels are provided in your room. The Towel Hut attendant will not provide you with one unless you give them a dirty one.
• Beach Palapas (huts) are available through the towel hut. Please see the towel hut attendant for more specific details or see the Palapas procedures under the resort information
Please click on this link for a list of Helpful Tips and Friendly Reminders to help you plan your stay with us.
Vacation Experience Planning: Approximately 30 days prior to visiting your home resort you will receive an email (Please make sure that your email address is up to date) which will again confirm your booking but will also allow you to start communicating with our Vacation Experience Planner. This will allow you to set up special requests, activities, dinner plans in advance so that you and your family are able to maximize your time while in Aruba. An important item we require is your flight itinerary (flight number and time of arrival) as this will allow us to get your room ready upon arrival.
We would like your vacation to be a perfect one. Once here at the resort please do not hesitate to contact our "At Your Service" operators by dialing "0" if there is anything we can do to make your vacation dreams come true.
Your opinions count! We want to make sure that your vacation experience is perfect while you are at the Resort. We urge you to fill out our In Room Comment Cards with your suggestions and comments and turn it in at the Front Desk for quick action prior to your departure.
Aruba Marriott Ocean Club enjoys one of the highest Homeowner occupancy rates of all Marriott Vacation Club resorts. As is true at every property, we place our Owners at the very top of the priority list in terms of requests for villa locations and preferences. Because of the high number of Owners that we welcome each week, we are often challenged with villa location requests that we are unable to always grant. Nonetheless, we strive to ensure that every Owner and Guest have a wonderful vacation experience!
Villas are assigned in advance and are based on the category you own and are prioritized in the following order:
- Ocean Club Homeowners using their owner week
- Ocean Club Homeowners exchanging into their home resort
- Other MVCI Owners exchanging into Ocean Club
- Any other reservations which includes other non-Marriott Exchangers, Preview Guests and Rentals
Assignments are made on the assumption that owners prefer high to low floors and pool view to outside views. When there are more owners than there are “preferred” villa views or locations, the Room’s Controller looks at each owner’s previous villa assignments to ensure fairness in the rotation from year to year. Specific villa/floor requests are considered within the general principles noted above.
We are unable to guarantee villa preference requests but will do our best to honor your requests based on availability and utilizing the established Villa Request Blocking Priority outlined above.